Senior Project Manager, Northwich
Senior Project Manager, Northwich
Primary Location – Gleave Partnership, Northwich, Cheshire
Gleave Partnership is seeking to recruit an ambitious, qualified and high-calibre Senior Project Manager with 5+ years’ experience to strengthen our exciting and dynamic management team in Cheshire.
You will have the opportunity to build close, collaborative relationships with our clients and external stakeholders, in order to ensure client satisfaction and create new business opportunities. We have a wide variety of opportunities to work on selected capital investment projects ranging from £1M to £150M.
At Gleave, you’ll have the opportunity to think big, innovate, and to build a career that’s right for you. We’re a straight-forward, pro-active and passionate consultancy, a people company that provides each member of our team with the opportunity to fulfil their own ambitions and career goals. Wherever you join us and in whatever role, you can look forward to a competitive remuneration package that includes an attractive starting salary, career progression and development opportunities as well as being part of a sociable and ever-growing community. We have a generous, flexible holiday scheme and performance-related bonuses with other benefits including membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension schemes and flexible working.
Join Gleave. Make History.
- The individual will be an integral part of a team that is accountable for the overall performance of a range of projects.
- To support business objectives of delivering value in all circumstances.
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures.
- Chair regular project and progress meetings.
- Deliver individual projects or parts of projects in a safe & environmentally responsible manner to time, cost and quality.
- Provide a professional, consistent and effective project management service including the use of performance indicators and project reporting systems in accordance with the company and client procedures.
- Manage the development and delivery of changes in compliance with company processes and procedures.
- Chair Value Engineering workshops as required.
- Assist in the provision of a safe working environment in the execution of managed work.
- Oversee the administration of the building contract.
- Manage the production of project management plans and programmes.
- Assist Senior Management with project budgets within agreed targets.
- Deliver regular progress reports, including relevant risks and issues, and the submission of Change papers were required.
- Prepare information for and liaise with third parties and authorities associated with the project.
- Act as CDM Coordinator as directed if relevant.
- Managing projects and programmes to deliver high-quality services and deliverables in accordance with the business procedures.
- Promote commercial awareness throughout the project.
- Advising and liaising with the internal project and cost control team.
- To support and lead junior colleagues through the MAPM application process.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role and will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and a highly professional manner. You will have a methodical way of thinking and approach to work with effective organisational skills and the ability to adapt quickly.
- Degree qualified in Construction Management, Project Management or similar technical discipline.
- MAPM/MRICS or membership of other relevant professional body.
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner.
- Excellent ICT skills including Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong pre-construction and JCT/NEC contract experience.
- Experience in managing the delivery of project changes.
- Experience in Commercial, Industrial and/or Infrastructure is preferable.
- Client facing, ensuring a high standard of technical delivery.
- Able to build long-term relationships.
- Demonstrate working with and leading teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines.
- Flexible Travel to UK and EU.